Monday, November 10, 2014

Are those your points jingling?: Holiday Energy Points



The holidays are a great time to learn about the 50 Point Energy Plan.

The most wonderful time of the year is also often the busiest (although I think May is right up there).

For those with jobs that are in retail, the days get more exhausting. For those in health care, the need for services goes up this time of year. For those with friends and family, the thinking and planning about gifts and parties and traditions takes a front seat.

Let me tell you a quick story.

The spa has been open for 7 Christmas seasons. We are very busy from Thanksgiving to New Years with gift cards, services, products flying off the shelves. The first 3 years we were open I would get sick the week between Christmas and New Years. And not just a little sick. Like the crawling toward the door to attempt to make it to work sick. The full monty. And I was noticing that my staff looked as crappy as I felt.

We were using all our energy points. We had no more, and our bodies gave up.
This has to stop, I thought. This is in no way acceptable.

So I fashioned a way to make a change. The first thing we did was adjusted the schedule. No services on Christmas Eve, and the next two days off. And the way the calendar is this year, my staff is having 4 days off. Sure, we could be very busy. It's very easy to have a full spa these days. But at what energy cost?

We also changed how we planned our energy, maximizing what we can do before the holidays even start. The attitude of how your energy will be spent plays a big role on how you will feel. Visualizing the perfect outcome helps you manifest how your energy will be used.

If you have been reading this blog for sometime, or have been to a workshop, your energy has a currency. It has a value that you place on it. The value of my energy points during the holidays goes up. My decisions "to do, or not to do" are valued differently in a season that has so much coming at me.

If I want my staff to give their best to our clients everyday, I have to value their energy as well as mine. They have every right to spend their energy points however they see fit, and for me and them, it is not acceptable to have them giving more than they physically and mentally have.

Because what will happen?

Everyone gets sick.

My core belief is that if I can teach you how to manage your energy by using a simple points system, you can use it as a tool to decrease stress in your life and stay healthy. You have control over how you use your points, and given all the obstacles we can still plan our energy.

Commitments, Health, Environment, Work and Inspiration. These are your energy pods that create the 50 points. Keeping them balanced will keep you balanced.

Please come to my workshop this week: Thursday Nov 13 at 5:15 at Waterfalls Day Spa.
It will be energy well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment